Thursday, October 6, 2011

Apples!

We had a fun week talking about the letter Aa and apples. I'm not sure why, but calling something a "party" instantly makes it more fun. Today we talked about the sound for a and painted apples. I can't remember where I saw this idea, but I liked it. The students enjoyed painting their apples and thought it was hilarious when I pretended to take a bite out of the plate.

We talked about the life cycle of an apple (seed, seedling, tree, bud, flower, fruit, seed) and sang a song about a little apple seed. We cut open apples and saw the seeds. We did a taste test with a red apple and a green apple. We made a chart, and red apples were preferred in both classes. Then we each took our apples and we compared the sizes of our apples using our vocabulary words: bigger and smaller.

I cut up each person's apple and put it on a plate along with a spoonful of peanut butter and a spoonful of caramel dip. They seemed to really like this snack. We made a chart after we ate and the caramel dip was a little more popular, but not by much! Thanks for all the donations of apples. It was a fun day!

A few pictures:
(Sorry these first ones are only of morning class. I forgot to take pictures of this in the afternoon!)


Our bulletin board this week:



Posted by Picasa


No comments:

Post a Comment