Monday, April 16, 2012

D is for Dinosaur


The students were naturally very interested in dinosaurs. They had a lot of fun playing dinosaurs with each other. These pictures are a little out of order--so I'll write about each picture. *Remember to click on each picture to get a bigger view.*

On Thursday, I did this writing activity with the morning class. We read "How Does a Dinosaur Get Well Soon?" and then we wrote about what a dinosaur would do if it was here at our school. (We were so late--sorry about that! So I didn't do this activity with the afternoon class.)



This next collage is of the students creating our darling bulletin board for this week!

 I forgot to write the names on the picture. Top: Kaylee, Tyler O.; Middle: Ethan, Corban, Michael; Bottom: Kayson, Kiley, Alexis

Afternoon: Top: Kinsey, Ava; 2nd row: Harold, Tyler T,; Bottom: Tycen, Kobyn, Kazia

Kazia holding up her dinosaur skeleton. 

Below: Classes standing on our dinosaur footprint. I read that the apatosaurus had a footprint that was 24 inches wide by 48 inches tall. We could fit all our students on the footprint. 

It was a fun week! I hope the students learned something!

No comments:

Post a Comment