Thursday, September 20, 2012

Week 3--Letters

This week we did letter activities and read Chicka, Chicka, Boom Boom! I love that book. Many of the students had read it before and enjoyed it.

Thanks to everyone for your understanding with my sick child this week! We will sort of extend this week into next, and try to get things finished up.

I didn't get pictures of several things. We've been learning/reviewing our shapes. I am also doing color and shape assessments with individual students first thing in the session.

On Tuesday we painted coconut trees. I kept these and we will finish them on Tuesday. I planned on putting these on our bulletin board for this week, but I will just take some pictures of our finished product and send them home. The afternoon class also celebrated Rylund's birthday.


On Wednesday, the morning class did a name activity. They were given a folded piece of paper. They were each given an envelope with letters in it. They had to sort and then glue the letters depending on whether the letters were in their names or not. I tried to carefully select the letters so that it didn't get too confusing. They did great. Some of the students had to put their name in order, not just glue it on the right side.


Also on Wednesday we talked about coconut. We did a coconut tasting activity. I offered each child a piece of dried coconut. We talked about different uses for coconut and then those that wanted to tried it. Many students didn't want to try it, and that was fine.
Both classes also did a classroom writing book. I will take a picture of it when I get it bound next week. It is a spin-off of Chicka, Chicka, Boom Boom where each student has a picture and their name on a page. They thought it was so funny when I would read their pages when they turned them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment