Friday, January 27, 2012

Play

Play is very important to children. Children learn so much through play! Although most of our day is spent in more teacher directed learning activities, we always make sure that free play is included in our day as well. I love listening to and watching the children play. They are so creative, and for the most part, are good problem solvers. They are really good about including everyone who wants to play.

The afternoon class is really into Cars. There just never seem to be enough Lightning McQueen cars to go around. I think we have 6 of them, and I think we could use more. The afternoon class often plays various games with the characters from Cars 2. I recently added a Francesco Bernoulli and a Finn McMissle, and they have been very popular.

I also loved this picture of some of the other students in the afternoon class. Paige made up a silly game with the wooden blocks. Vivian, Kazia, and Corbin were enjoying it as well.

The morning class loves to play "Protect the Tiger" or "Protect the Princess" depending on the day. I will have to take some pictures of them soon!


Posted by Picasa


No comments:

Post a Comment