Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Week of February 7--Transportation


The transportation unit seemed to be a big hit! I didn't take any pictures on Tuesday. For our theme activity, we sorted pictures of different vehicles by where they go--land, water, or air. We talked about how boats and submarines both go in the water, but boats go on top of the water, where submarines are very deep down in the water. We also did our number 4 page in our number books, and introduced letter Tt.

I set up a fire truck. The students played "Fireman" together and had fun pretending to drive the fire truck.

A copy of the math worksheet from Thursday. This is one way I differentiate depending on what the student is ready to do. This week's worksheet didn't have numbers to cut, so I gave number stickers (labels cut to size) for the students who aren't quite ready to write in all the numbers. For those that are able, they write in their numbers. It is very important to me that each child is taught at his/her level and what they are capable of doing.



Thursday I tried leave plenty of time for our vehicle making. The students were so creative! When I gathered all the "beautiful junk" at the beginning of the day, I felt like we had so much! But there wasn't much left by the time all the students finished. I loved their creations!

*I am sorry to Gavin and Britton--their pictures didn't turn out. Britton made a "marshmallow with eyes" and Gavin made a submarine.
Kayson-submarine, Michael-submarine, Ethan-"water and more and then some more and then sugar and more sugar and water and then you make something."

Lexi-"submarine with a tiger rolling in it," Kaylee-"a masterpiece," Kiley-a horn

Tyler O-rocket ship, Parker-boat (submarine), Ava-car

Kinsey-trailer truck (semi), Harold- "a truck with 5 flashing lights,", Tycen-"a silly race car"


Kobyn- "a race car with lights on the back and lights on the front," Kazia-rocket ship, Tyler T.- "a creation."







1 comment: