Thursday, October 25, 2012

Letter Ff and Feelings

Not a lot to post since it was such a short week.

We talked about letter Ff on Tuesday. We also practiced counting.

We played this fun game that I wanted to share, especially since I think it could have other applications.

So I printed off pictures of "smiley" faces with different emotions, such as happy, sad, mad, silly, sleepy. I laminated them. (Notice my tiny binder clips on the faces--that's my secret. They work so much better than paperclips!) Then I got out my trusty fishing pole and we "fished" for feelings. When they got a face, they had to tell what kind of a face it was. Something interesting I heard was that in some studies, bullies and aggressors often mis-interpret facial expressions, exchanging positive or neutral facial expressions for negative or aggressive ones. Not that any of your children are bullies, but it's not a bad idea to practice! Then we went around again and they had to give an example of when they felt that way. One boy said, "I feel happy when my mom makes me cookies."


On Wednesday we did "Math Snack." Each child was given a fun size package of M&Ms, and then we did different counting activities with them. For example, count all the M&Ms you have. Then we counted out different amounts. And of course, they got to eat them at the end. :)
This was also Wednesday. Jamie is working on the letter Ff sound page, and then we made our letter Ff craft, Fancy Fish.
Hope you all had a fun fall break!

No comments:

Post a Comment